Updated for 2023. For many of us, the thought of flying solo can be a bit daunting. But with a little preparation, flying solo doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, it can be downright liberating! Here are a few tips on how to make your solo flight as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
1. Get to the airport early. This will give you plenty of time to check in, go through security, and find your gate. Plus, it’s always better to error on the side of caution when traveling alone.
2. Dress comfortably. You’ll be doing a lot of sitting, so make sure you’re wearing clothes that won’t make you feel uncomfortable or restricted.
3. Bring a book or something else to keep you occupied during the flight. Flying solo means you won’t have anyone to talk to, so it’s important to have something else to keep your mind occupied during the flight.
4. Stay hydrated! It’s easy to get dehydrated when sitting still for long periods of time, so make sure to drink plenty of water during the flight.
5. Stretch your legs every once in a while. Getting up and moving around every few hours will help prevent blood clots and keep you from feeling too stiff and sore.
6. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. If you have any dietary restrictions, make sure to pack some food with you so you’re not left hungry during the flight.
7. Dealing with jet lag? Bring along some melatonin or another type of sleep aid so you can adjust to the time change as quickly as possible.
8. Make sure your documents are in order before leaving for the airport. This includes your passport, boarding pass, and any other required items such as visas or vaccinations certificates.
9. Pack light! You’ll thank yourself later when you’re lugging your bags through the airport by yourself. Stick to carry-on size bags whenever possible and only bring items that you know you’ll need during the trip.
10. Have fun! Flying solo can be a great opportunity to relax and just enjoy some much-needed me-time. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!
Flying solo doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. With a little preparation, it can actually be quite enjoyable. Follow these simple tips above and you’ll be sure to have a smooth and pleasant experience flying solo.